Tuesday, November 4, 2014

More Miracles

My Dearest Darling Family and Friends....

Wow what a long week it has been. It feels like I say this every week but en serio, this week was jam packed with miracles. Let me start with my very favorite one.

MARLON GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m going to cry. Wow. Marlon for all you who don’t remember is the husband of MY DANELIA. la mia! Wow wow wow. That means in less then a year I get to go to the3 temple with them!!! I could die from happy tears right now. I can’t tell you how happy I am. (It will be really close to the end of my mission when they can enter so maybe mommy and daddy you guys can be here too! vamos a ver vamos a ver).

Another miracle is that a few weeks ago on a bus I lost my plaque. I was wearing the magnet one so the front just fell off and I didn’t realize it until it was to late. But yesterday on the bus the driver handed me a little black square... MY PLAUQE!! I thought it was a goner for sure and I was so so heart broken cause it was the plaque that I started my first day in the MTC. But because My Heavenly Father Loves me and he knew how much it was worth to me he found a way to get it back to me... wow, the love of a father.

Miracle three... this one is a little hard to explain so bear with me.. This week Hermana Montoya’s mom sent her a package. It was really big and so our ZLs went to the office to pick it up and brought it to the stake center. We had to go pick it up during the next district meeting. We decided that we would just take it from the stake center and put it in our chapel because to take it to our house would be extra money and time and then at the end of the day we would just pick it up on our way home. When we got to the meeting Hermana Montoya told me that she had forgotten the chapel keys so we ended up having to take the package home. at the time it was a little annoying and we were kinda grumpy because then we just had to go back to where we were. BUT!!! the next day we found out that that night there had been an armed robbery at the church during mutual... in between 8 and 830 which would have been exactly the time we would have gone to pick up the package again had it been in the church........ whoa. we could have very likely been on the outside of the chapel when these gunmen showed up. Our dear Heavenly Father was protecting us without our even knowing it. Luckily no body was hurt and the only things taken were a laptop and a few smashed windshields. But we weren’t around which was a huge miracle because it was our plan to be there. Thank goodness HE has different plans then we do.

This week has been filled with wonderful members, delicious food (until I was stuffed fuller then a turkey on thanksgiving day (they don’t even celebrate thanksgiving here!!)), good friends, uplifting lessons and meetings and more then anything this has been a week of spiritual growth for this little Hermana. I have so much to be thankful for. I’ve learned so much and felt the spirit so strong. I’ve strengthened relationships, made friends, lifted up the weary and been lifted in return. I love to be a missionary!

Today we had a special zone conference. We talked a lot about our responsibility as missionaries and our attitudes. We watched the most powerful video clip about the atonement. The point was this.... you want to become like Jesus Christ. Well, then you have to be willing to sacrifice like him. You have to be rejected like him, you have to act like him, talk like him, react like him. If you want to be like Jesus Christ you have to be more then willing, you have to pay at least a teeny tiny itty-bitty bit of what he paid. Or how else can you expect to be like him.   Christ was the perfect missionary; the perfect missionary and the world literally crucified him. I can take up my little cross and try a little harder to be a little better. There is NO easy way when it comes to missionary work. It’s not suppose to be easy, it never has been. But for those of us who are willing to pay the price the rewards far outweigh the sacrifices. I feel honored to be rejected, delighted to be disliked and at peace in the war of the world. I am becoming like my savior, my father, would have me be. THIS is MY mission.

The truth is I love you all so so much! You are my teachers, examples, my reason to be here. Everything that I know about the gospel is strengthened through my loved one. I literally pray for each and every one of you, by name, every night. My family will be forever. I love you guys!!! Prayers from Costa Rica;)

All my love,
 Hermana Kugath

No comments:

Post a Comment