Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Weird Week

My Dearest Familia

First of all a big shout out to the Birthday boy of the week!!!!! Happy almost your Birthday Noser:) the big 15. Geez when did that happen? You’re practically a little man now. I hope you have a great day and that you eat lots of cake to put a little more meat on those bones! Mom told me how great your doing reading your scriptures every day, keep it up! Its true what the primary song says, scripture power! Keep being a good, obedient worthy priesthood holder and being an example for the fam. Ill be celebrating you here in Costa Rica! I’m so proud of you and love you lots!!

What a weird week... haha its really interesting the life of a missionary because one day you can feel on top of the world and you just have this burning desire to share the gospel but then the next you cant find anyone, no body wants to listen and everyone hates you. Its like a roller coaster of happenings worse then any high school relation ship (believe me, i know, I lived them all ;) haha). But this pretty much describes the way this week was. One day with a bunch of members who want to help us and feed us and the sun is shining and it seems like everyone feels the need to find God in their lives and then comes Thursday and every one wants to yell at you, tell you know one wants your message, slam the door in your face, and you’re also dying of hunger and cold. That’s when everything my parents, my coaches, my church leaders and the gospel has to kick in. I’ve learned this week that my happiness doesn’t depend on my success in the #s... my happiness depends on if I’m living my life in obedience and if I’m doing everything I can to invite others to come unto Christ. What ever happens happens and I can either whine and cry about it (like I used to do all the time to my mom and friends.... thanks guys:)) or I can Buck up, put on my big girl skirt and never let my missionary smile slip from my face    (if even one of you makes a fat joke comment so help me........ haha). The truth is that this is the way we have to be throughout our lives. I love the Mission because it’s a huge parallel for what comes next in my life; it’s like a giant RLTC (real life training center)! There’s a lot of things that I have no control over, but the more I use my agency to be happy and positive, instead of dwelling on the negative and difficult parts, the more successful I feel.

This week Hermana Montoya and I have really upped our game. It’s like the both of us feel the urgency of these last two weeks of this transfer. We’ve only talked about it a little, but were both mas o menos sure that this will mark the end of our time together :( we hope not!!! But I mean the Lord can hardly keep two such excellent, talented, spiritual and not to mention beautiful ;) hermanas together for so long, it’s just not fair to the rest of the mission right.....? So we’ve been doing all we can to help Moravia to progress before the time comes. We’ve heard rumors about what they want to do with Moravia, BUT I don’t gossip so I wont spread them on to yall until I’m more for sure in our future.. Just know, its gonna be big!  (Indoor plumbing, its gonna be big! an ice-cream for whoever knows where that quotes from!).

Bueno, I miss you all super a lot and I’m always praying for your success and happiness back home in the states. I hope everything is well there and if you ever need anything por favor don’t wait to ask me! I’ve kinda got an "in" with the big man ;) haha The Lord is taking care of our family and I know he has so so many blessings in store for us. Don’t forget or take for granted the things we all ready have (the true church, the book of Mormon, a living prophet, a temple 100 meters away (sometimes I tell people I live that close to the temple and they all look at me like I’m crazy.... were so lucky!!) the promise of a forever family.....) we have it all! Live it, enjoy it, share it :) prayers from Costa Rica!

ALL MY LOVE,
Hermana Kugath

No comments:

Post a Comment